Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Everything ABC Blog Hop - F

Welcome to the Everything ABC Blog Hop!



For this hop we will be featuring the letter 'F'. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment, whatever the artist has chosen as their "F" embellishment will be featured in their post. For this hop I've created a canvas wall hanging trio using the Family Love Stamp Set


If you've just come from Jenny's Blog then you are on the right track! This hop is a great big circle but if you happen to lose your way please visit Linda's Blog, Scrappy Therapy, for a complete list of hoppers.


I was inspired to make this wall hanging by CTMH Artwork from the 2013 Autumn/Winter Idea Book (tip: never throw out the Idea Books...they have sooo much beautiful artwork. You never know when you'll need to feel inspired).

Panel 1
I started out by using 3 of the My Creations Canvas Displays and one sheet of Skylark B&T paper. Each base piece was cut to 5 5/8" x 5 5/8" and inked with Brown Bag Ink.


For the first panel I stamped one of the images in the stamp set using Lagoon Ink. I accented the panel with a strip of Sweet Leaf Cardstock that I ran through my embossing machine with the new Quatrefoil Embossing Folder. I finished it off with some Silver Glitter Paper and Metal Flowers.
Panel 2
I kept the center panel very simple by using the reverse side of the B&T. I stamped another sentiment from the Family Love Stamp Set and layered onto more Silver Glitter Paper. I popped the sentiment up with some 3D Foam Tape for added dimension.


For symmetry I repeated the banner accents and embossing on the 3rd panel.
Panel 3
Instead of stamping another sentiment I opted to use some of the accents on the stamp set. I inked them in Sweet Leaf Ink and used my sponge dauber to add a touch of Brown Bag Ink to the center. I hand cut and layered them with 3D Foam Tape.  I finished this canvas with more Glitter paper and Metal Flowers!

 

I think this wall hanging will make a great addition to any family room or bedroom! This trio can also be hung vertically! If you want to hang it up I suggest hot gluing ribbon to the back or using some 3M adhesive.


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project!Now it's time to check out what Shalana's made! 

If you'd like to make this project for yourself here's a list of supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise specified):

Paper: Sylark, Kraft Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Black & Silver Glitter Paper
Ink: Sweet Leaf, Lagoon, Chocolate, Brown Bag
Stamp: Family Love
Other: My Creations Canvas Display, 3D Foam Tape, Quatrefoil Embossing Folder, Metal Flowers, Scissors, Sponge Dauber

In case you get lost along the way please go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants! 

~Michelle
P.S. I'm giving away a free stamp set on March 31! Please visit THIS POST for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment