Saturday, March 15, 2014

Technique Blog Hop - Pattern Switch

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! This month we are highlighting Pattern Switch! What is a pattern switch you ask? It's taking a scrapbook layout and converting it into a card or taking a card and making it a layout. For this hop we are using the Spring/Summer Idea Book for our switch inspiration.

This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. 

If you are coming from Judy's Blog, you are on the right track! 




I was inspired to make a card from the June Stamp of the Month layout, Kaboom, featured on page 15 of the Idea Book. Actually, if you want to get technical I'm not making a card...I'm making a post-it-note holder for an upcoming craft fair! The cover is kind of like a 3 x 3 card, right???

Since my card is a fraction of the size I wasn't able to include every element but I did keep the general color scheme and overall layout. I opted to make the background Slate (instead of White Daisy) so my colors popped a bit more but I did keep the faux stitching around the edges.

Instead of a photo I opted to use a speech bubble from the Artbooking cartridge (p. 79. Shift + Photo Mat 2, at 2"). I stamped it in Goldrush Ink using the coordinating stamp set.

Supplies Used (All CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Skylark B&T, Slate Cardstock
Ink: Goldrush
Stamps: My Life (Cricut Artbooking Bundle)
Other: Cricut Artbooking Cartridge, Mini Gel Pen (Staples), Chalk Board Marker, Mini Glue Dots, Post-It Note Holder (Staples), Shimmer Trim (Red)

Thanks for checking out my post. If you'd like to make a similar project here's a link to the instructions I used: Post It Note Holder

Now please hop onto Terry's blog to see what she created!

~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment