Saturday, March 8, 2014

Everything ABC's Blog Hop - E

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter 'E'. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. For this hop I'm focusing on the fun and super easy Easter Bunny Box from the Aritste Cricut Cartridge, one of the many items I'll have available for sale at an upcoming Spring Craft Fair!



If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy. If you are coming from Lauren's blog then you are on the right track.

When I first got this cartridge I was a bit intimidated by making some of these boxes. Now that I've made them I'm not sure why. They really are super easy!

Here's how to make them:


  • Select Accent 1 and the <Spring> key on page 73. Set your dial size to 2 1/2" (make sure Real Dial Size is NOT set (if it is you'll get a tiny little box). Cut.
  • The box already has score marks but I recommend using a bone folder and ruler to get a nice even line.
  • Simply fold in the tabs, get your bunnies together and then slide the notched edges over the bunny! That's it...no adhesive required on this bad boy!

Now's the fun part...decorating. You can do a variety of things with this box. Here are a few examples of what I've done below:

For the pattern boxes I kept the embellishments very simple by adding the Spring sentiment from the Artiste Cartridge (p. 73, shift + <Easter> at 1").


For the cardstock boxes I cut several grass pieces out of green pattern cardstock (p. 73, shift + Accent 3 at 1"), trimming and adding around the box. 


The little bows also come from the Artiste Cartridge (p. Accent 3 + <g> p. 56 at 1/4"). The bow is perfect to use with brads but my stubby fingers were having trouble adding them to these small cuts. Instead I used a glue dot to fasten to the box and then added some adhesive gems!

It might be hard to tell in the photo but I also added Liquid Applique to the bunny tails. Once dry it "puffs" up giving my bunnies a fuzzy little backside!

Thanks for checking out my project and for "hopping" onto my blog! Please visit Sharon's blog, Sharon's Paper Fiesta, and see what creative project she's designed for the letter 'E'.

Have a great day!

~Michelle

If you get lost on this hop here's a complete list of hoppers and well as links to their blogs:

1. Linda Norman - Scrappy Therapy
2. Joy McHargue - Studiowow
3. Catherine Nowak ~ Catscrapbooking
4. Pam Trostle - Pam's Crafty Creations
5. Jenny Gilbert - Jen's Creative Classroom
6. Anita Autore- Cards and Coffee
7. Lauren Moore - CTMH Craftings
8. Michelle Battitori - That's me!!
9. Sharon Chapman-Sharon's PaperFiesta
10. Cary Magnani - My Heart's Design 
11. Stephanie Feist-The Quilted Scrapper
12. Shalana Glass - Scrappin with Shalana

No comments:

Post a Comment