Saturday, January 25, 2014

Everything ABC Blog Hop - "B"


Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter 'B'. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment.  I chose to use the versatile MyCreations Bracket Frame...with a banner for an extra shot of 'B.'

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy. If you came from Lauren's Blog then you're on the right track!


I started out by cutting the bracket shape with my Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge using Cricut Craft Room to re-size it to 10.95" x 10.95". Once cut I traced the square opening and trimmed with a ruler and X acto knife. The paper, Ivy Lane, is from our up and coming Spring/Summer Idea Book available Feb 1 (message me if you would a copy).


Since I wanted to showcase the photo in the frame I kept my embellishments to a minimum. I colored the Color-Ready Canvas Alphabet with my Smokey Plum alcohol markers and covered the Dimensional Element Heart with coordinating paper from the Ivy Lane pack. The only stamping was the "Love" sentiment from the Art Philosophy stamp sets.


To decorate the outside of the frame I cut the banner title from the Cricut Artbooking Cartridge (p. 60) at 7". I also cut rosettes from the Artbooking Cartridge in sizes ranging from 3 1/2" to 6 1/2" (page 60) and finished it off with black Sparkle Fourishes! I'm still debating whether or not I want to add leaves by my rosettes in the lower right corner...what do you think?


Your next stop on our Everything ABC'S blog Hop is Catherine's blog. Thanks for checking out my project!

Project Recipe (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Ivy Lane (X7178B), Hollyhock Cardstock, Blush Cardstock, Smokey Plum Cardstock
Stamps: Cricut Art Philosophy (D1498)
Ink: Black (Z2105), Hollyhock (Z2128), Smokey Plum (Z4147)
Other: MyCreations Bracket Frame (Z1797), Cricut Artbooking (Z1906), Cricut Art Philosophy (Z1686), Color-Ready Canvas Alphabet (Z1777), Dimensional Elements Heart (Z1735), Sparkle Flourishes - Black (Z1745), X-Acto Knife, Ruler, Glue Dots, Hot Glue Gun

Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way :)

6. Michelle Battitori (that's me) - Michelle's Handmade World 

No comments:

Post a Comment